Freezer Grade PVC Strip Curtain Kits - Hook TypeFreezer & Cold Store PVC strip curtain kits
Our freezer grade, ready-made strip curtains are designed to fit standard walk-in chiller and freezer applications, ideal for use in the cold storage industry. Our crystal clear, freezer grade PVC strip operates well down to -40°c and remains soft and flexible without becoming brittle, ensuring ease of passage at very low temperatures. Utilising 200mm wide x 2mm thick, flat PVC strip and suspended using our stainless steel hook type suspension system.
- Economical – value for money if you are using strip curtains within cold storage;
- Temperature regulation – keeps internal cold room temperatures stable;
- Energy savings – reduces the cost of running your generators;
- Stainless steel hook type rail and flat PVC combination are used as standard the food industry;
- 200mm PVC strip assures a light weight curtain ensures easy access;
- Hands-free access through doorways;
- Acts as a barrier for insect & pests and reduces noise and air pollution;
- Ideal for in cold-stores;
500 Grade PVC strip: 200mm wide x 2mm thick PVC strip – freezer grade;
200 Grade Hook Type Rails: Stainless steel 430 grade
Full technical specifications are available for download in our information centre. You are responsible for ensuring the PVC product you buy online is approved for use in your environment.
The DK range of strip curtain kits is an economical solution to temperature regulation in your freezer applications. Our freezer grade strip curtain kits are suggested for use in commercial and food environments where a robust secondary seal is required in addition to doors. This freezer grade strip curtain kit ensures there is no loss of temperature and that food and perishable goods are preserved correctly. Freezer grade strip curtain kits are stocked in standard sizes and available for immediate dispatch.
Please note if your application operates at ambient temperatures you should use our lightweight, standard temperature strip curtain kits.
PVC kit sizes (please note, kits can be placed side by side to create much wider openings):
- Opening widths: from 1000mm - 2000mm;
- Opening Heights: from 2100mm - 2500mm
Each strip curtain kit contains:
- Stainless steel hook type suspension rails (984-1475mm long, supplied in multiples to cover your total opening width);
- 200mm wide x 2mm thick low-temperature grade PVC strips (appropriate number of strips will be supplied to cover your opening width and to achieve a medium strip overlap);
If these standard sizes do not suit your requirement we offer a made to measure service on all strip curtains, complete our online PVC enquiry form or contact us directly for a bespoke price.
Strip curtains will get dirty and should occasionally be wiped down with warm, soapy water. Do not use chemicals to clean this product as they can react and cause clouding of the PVC. Ensure they are left hanging vertically when you wipe the strips down, if PVC is left in water it can cloud over time.
If an individual PVC strip becomes damaged simply order individual replacement PVC strips to ensure the opening remains fully sealed.