School & Nursery PVC strip curtain kitsSchool & Nursery PVC strip curtain kits
Our child-friendly plastic strip curtains have been designed specifically for schools and nurseries, in line with the practise guidelines offered by the DCSF and EYFS regarding freedom of indoor/outdoor play. Installing plastic strip curtains on your openings will help to regulate temperatures in the classroom without restricting access to the outdoor playground. All plastic strip curtains in this range and stocked and ready for immediate dispatch.
- Soft grade, ribbed PVC to assist little ones with access;
- Lock-in washers for PVC strips to ensure they are securely fitted;
- Plastic “bullet” rail – no sharp edges or separate parts, designed for absolute safety;
- The whole system is designed to be made from light weight plastic – total weight would not cause harm to children;
- Energy savings – reduce your heating bills by up to 50% through efficient temperature regulation;
- Stops cold outside air mixing with maintained internal temperature;
- Stops insects, pest and flying debris from entering the classroom;
- Reduces external noise pollution helping to maintain a calm environment;
500 Grade PVC strip: 200mm wide x 2mm thick (4mm at rib protrusion) PVC strip;
200 Grade Bullet Suspension Rails: White Plastic Bullet Rails
To view the technical performance of these products please see our information centre and download the relevant PDF.
The RA-DOM range of plastic strip curtains for schools and nurseries are a premium product suggested for use on any opening that facilitates free flow play. The free flow plastic strip curtains are manufactured with softer grade ribbed PVC strip, promoting ease of access and protection for little ones. The plastic curtain kits also contain our plastic bullet rail which is our safest suspension system along with lock-in washers to secure the PVC strips to the rail.
Plastic strip curtain sizes (please note, kits can be placed side by side to create much wider openings):
- Opening widths: from 900mm - 1800mm
- Opening heights: from 2150mm - 2200mm
If these standard sizes do not suit your requirement we offer a made to measure service on all PVC strip curtains, complete our online PVC enquiry form or contact us directly for a bespoke price.
Each plastic strip curtain kit contains:
- White plastic bullet rails (600mm long, supplied in multiples to cover your total opening width);
- Soft grade 200mm wide x 2mm thick, ribbed PVC strips (appropriate number of strips will be supplied to cover your opening width and to achieve a medium strip overlap);
If these standard sizes do not suit your requirement we offer a made to measure service on all plastic strip curtains, complete our online PVC enquiry form or contact us directly for a bespoke price.
Early Years Guidelines suggest that PVC strip curtains help to facilitate seamless flow and play access between indoor and outdoor environments:
‘Outdoor learning complements indoor learning and is equally important. Play and learning that flow seamlessly between indoors and outdoors enable children to make the most of the resources and materials available to them and develop their ideas without unnecessary interruption.’ (EYFS Effective Practice: Outdoor Learning 2007).
Plastic strip curtains will get dirty and should occasionally be wiped down with warm, soapy water. Do not use chemicals to clean this product as they can react and cause clouding of the PVC. Ensure they are left hanging vertically when you wipe the strips down, if PVC is left in water it can cloud over time.
If an individual PVC strip becomes damaged simply order individual replacement PVC strips to ensure the opening remains fully sealed.